<body>
 

January 10, 2006 7:44 PM

CEDAR ELDDS AUDITIONS!!!

Dearest Diary,

Note to myself: I so am going to post this blog entry on the Cedar ELDDS blog once my html codes are working. Computer technology is one wicked and complicated messed-up affair and so I have to learn how to combat it.

Thank God today was a great day! We hosted our first ELDDS CCA auditions today in the wonderful classroom of 1S. The pupils in that class are BRILLAINT! Reka and I went down to that classroom early in the morning before morning assembly to request changing the desk arrangement in their classroom to suit our audition arrangement and they obliged so nicely. Do you know what the most touching thing was?
When I asked them how they wanted us to arrange their desks in a manner that they could arrange their desks back to their original positions, they replied so sweetly,” Never mind, we can shift it back ourselves.”

When Sneha Shankar and I were the first two ELDDS members to walk into 1S after school, the students of 1S WERE ARRANGING THE DESKS INTO THE ARRANGEMENT OF HOW WE WANTED TO CONDUCT OUR AUDITIONS (8 tables spread out over 4 areas) FOR US. I was so genuinely touched.


They had so much initiative, especially the jumper whose name is Aishah.

I was so impressed with the secondary 3 members who showed SO much initiative and were so pro-active in being guiders to the secondary 1 members. I really appreciated their efforts a lot. I’m so sorry Yiying for making you the victim of getting beaten up in a gangster situation and getting “sexually harassed” with the butt scene.
It was very tiring sitting through a whole stretch of auditions from 2pm-6pm. We had our debrief and the whole thing ended at about 6.30pm.

There were many memorable secondary 1 students.

I did learn quite a bit from Mr Sng about judging potential secondary one students. How they create and immerse characters of their own:) Only one girl was able to do that and I did not notice until Mr Sng had pointed that out to us.

I was really grateful to everybody who came today. I would really love to give everyone a big HUG:) I’ll do it on Wednesday after our second round of auditions:)
It was tiring, it was tough, it was mind-boggling, it was CHAOTIC (but thankfully, we are going to change that after discussing plans for the change of arrangements. Mr Sng wants us to have role-playing scripts, so we are going to use ELDDS’s past scripts:) )

I cannot wait for the next auditions on Wednesday!

Congratulations everybody! You guys worked hard today:)

Mr Sng told us that we are going to perform TWICE for school assembly this year:) We will definitely treasure it:)
Ying Xuan had panda eyes after the whole audition. Reka’s head was pounding. I was starving of hunger. Everybody had suffered but it was worth suffering:)

ELDDS has been given a fresh breath of OXYGEN!!!

>
comments please ^_^
0 comments